We make every effort to provide players with an enjoyable tennis setting and value your input.We ask that all members and guests observe the Club Rules below as well as the COVID 19 LTA guidelines.
General Club Rules:
- Objects: The Club’s principle object is to promote the playing of tennis and use the courts and facilities to increase that usage.
- Membership: The Club is open to all with different classes of membership. All full-time members over the age of 16 are eligible to vote on club matters at the AGM.
- Committee: Committee members are nominated and elected annually at the AGM (Chairman, secretary treasurer, match secretary, welfare officer, etc). The committee has the power to appoint and co-opt during its term and its decisions are binding. Contact details of the committee are in the clubhouse and website.
- LTA Policies and Membership: The Club has adopted all LTA policies for the running of local tennis clubs (Health and Safety, Safeguarding etc); these are regularly updated and details of Safeguarding policy is available in Clubhouse.
- Times of Play: The courts will be available for tennis to members at all times, excepting when the committee determine use for club matches, agreed groups (schools, colleges etc.) or for other events. A rota or schedule is published in the clubhouse and on the website. Juniors under 12 are not allowed to use the courts unsupervised. Juniors are not allowed adult guests. 2 Courts will remain free for members’ use when club coaching sessions take place. Coaching is carried out by Club sanctioned coaches only. The Courts are now subject to LTA rules for playing during COVID Pandemic
- Guests: Members are entitled to introduce guests to the club. A £5 (adult), £4 Junior fee is payable (determined by the committee) and guests must be signed in. It is expected that the same guest would not return to the club for more than 3 times without joining.
- Club Equipment and Pavilion: The Pavilion will be open at times set by the committee. No club equipment is to be removed from the club. Club balls supplied for social sessions are to be returned to the clubhouse. Members are entitled to use the clubhouse, changing facilities, etc. but must be mindful to keep it tidy and report any faults to the committee. Courts are not to be used for other sports or games.
- Dress: Members should wear recognized sports clothing (not jeans etc) and most importantly "Tennis Shoes ". (No trainers or football shoes).This is for two reasons, first, other shoes mark and damage the courts and second, non tennis shoes do not grip the courts as well and can cause accidents, and an avoidable injury if you were to fall or slip.
- Security: Members should lock the outer gates when entering and exiting the courts. Do not leave the lock or gate open. Any damage or vandalism should be reported to a member of the Club committee ASAP. The padlock codes will be updated periodically and members informed.
- Risk Management: Players are responsible for ensuring that the condition of their equipment (racket, shoes etc.) is safe. Players also accept any risk of playing during wet or rainy conditions.
- Discipline: The Club committee, after warning, can suspend or expel any member whose behavior is deemed injurious to the Club.